View Single Post
Old 06.24.2013, 09:10 PM   #45458
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Not only do I think this is their best album, but they are one of the few groups or bands to make their final record one of their finest! Talk about going out ontop!

I'm listening to this record for like the sixth time in the past two weeks. it is fantastic fucking record! I could listen to Sway like fifty times on repeat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
The Congos - Heart of the Congos

Those dub/reggae records are pretty much my introduction to this music. The Congos' album was the first I got, but it's fucking incredible - I must've listened to it about 20 times since I got it just over a week ago. Really enjoying the Uhuru and Pablo records too. Anyone got some more good Jamaican records they can recommend?

The Heart of the Congos is one of the most mystical, spiritual, and yet political albums ever made of any genre, let alone rootz reggae. It is the encapsulation of Rastafari in record format, if anything the only stronger album is Rastafari by Ras Michael and the Sons of Negus

Quote:
Its a long long time we a call to them, but I never get weary yes..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|