View Single Post
Old 12.04.2018, 06:58 PM   #23157
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

First off, this is an absolutely gorgeous movie. The scene composition as well as the models and the lighting: all top-notch. It's also quite funny and does pull at your heartstrings from time to time. Unfortunately, I felt it was probably one of Anderson's least consistent works. Characters were teased as big deals when their plot kind of went nowhere and the way things wrapped up just didn't do much for me. Isle Of Dogs tries to tie a lot of things together and in the end, they only kind of blend. In my opinion, his first stop motion film "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" was a lot more cohesive in that regard. That is not to say I did not enjoy Isle Of Dogs, as I find even the lesser of the Anderson movies very watchable. I just thought I was going to love it, but I ended up merely liking it. There are a lot of individual things to love about it though. Hell, the visuals alone are well worth a watch.

Something between 7 and 7 1/2 out Of 10

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|