View Single Post
Old 07.03.2009, 09:03 AM   #44
Vatican Abortion Clinic
empty page

Vatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's assesVatican Abortion Clinic kicks all y'all's asses
I met Thurston on Tuesday afternoon around 6pm. They were playing in Toronto, and sadly I didn't have tickets, I read that Alan Cross (local rock radio DJ) was interviewing him just before I was leaving work (I work in an office building near the radio studio). So I leave work, bike up Yonge St which is near the radio station and the venue where the show is, stop at the Edge, don't see Thurston inside. So I figure...he's got to be around here somewhere, the guy is 6 foot 6, lol. So I'm biking up the street a bit more and there he is....he's pretty easy to notice. I'm 26 and I've been listening to SY since I was 13, so I'd hope I would recognize him.

So there I am....in all my work shit, the biggest dork gear ever: khaki pants rolled up, argyle socks, dress shirt, bike helmet, bike gloves and I stop Thurston in the street and ask him very nicely if I could get a picture with him.

So his friend is taking the pic on my iPhone and I'm nervous as fuck because I'm standing beside Thurston fucking Moore and I tell him some dumbass story of meeting him at the Edge in 1998 and he signed some odd picture of SY I had brought and on the back of the picture was a good looking photo of Krist Novaselic and he laughed.....and it was the kind of dumb story you tell one of your idols when you are flustered and you completely mess up the delivery, anyways, he was nice. I then told him The Eternal is awesome and one of their best albums in years (which it is) and to have a great show, he thanked me, then I bolted. I just loved the unconventional SY fan I must have looked like when I approached them - office dude on a bike wearing a helmet stopping them in the middle of Yonge St. Whenever I bike home like that it's just for comfort and safety and I don't care because I'll rarely run into anyone I know on my commute home.....this time, I ran into pretty much the coolest fuckin guy in the universe.

Anyways, thanks Thurston!
Vatican Abortion Clinic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|