View Single Post
Old 09.19.2017, 10:44 AM   #26
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Macca's rockers on the White Album —"Birthday", "Helter Skelter", "Back In The Putinland"— are my favorite Beatles songs, hands down.

Yeah, those are good. But favorite White Album songs are the weird ones and the slinky groovy ones. "Sexy Sadie," "Happiness is a Warm Gun," "Everybody's got Something to Hide Except for me and my Monkey," "Rocky Raccoon," "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill," "I'm so Tired."

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure any of these are really in SY's wheelhouse. They'd have to reinvent them to cover them and still sound like Sonic Youth, and I am SO SICK of reinvented Beatles songs.

Actually I'm sick of Beatles covers period. Never heard one that even came close to the original.

Fuck it. I just wish SY had covered Television.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|