View Single Post
Old 04.14.2015, 06:41 PM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I don't know, poorly deinterlaced footage makes me feel like my retinas are being scratched out

holy shit, by "poorly deinterlaced" i meant some unavoidable combing, not THAT broken eyesore, which is the first time i ever witness. that's not poor that's bankrupt.

really deinterlacing on a progressive timeline/display is pretty much impossible. there will always be lines. you can reduce them but never get rid of them completely, particularly with fast motion... unless you use an old CRT TV where interlacing operates as it should.

maybe this is a roundabout way to say most footage this days should be conformed to progressive... since computers and HDTVs are progressive in nature... but of course there's still 1080i broadcast TV, ha ha ha ha-- just to give us headaches. but HDTVs can handle that with some electronic wizardry that's utterly beyond my comprehension.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|