View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 08:28 AM   #32
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I have to chuckle that your comments were followed by a letter posted by Terminal Pharmacy where Cave thanks the folks at MTV for their support!

Really? I didn't find that funny at all, because it was a fairly good example of what I was talking about. I never said that Nick Cave hated MTV or anything of the sort, just that he didn't pander to that audience. There is a big difference. The definition of pandering is obviously not "thanking someone for their support." You'd do well to note the difference. It's not like I would want the group to throw a little hissy fit every time MTV dared to show one of their videos. Is that sort of exposure really such a bad thing? You seem to have some kind of vendetta against MTV. Also, yes their music because more palatable in some ways, but I doubt it was because MTV was some sort of influence. And anyway, there's something wrong with the idea of Nick Cave revisiting his Birthday Party years in any way. It's in the past, and we can all still enjoy the records, so it's fitting for him to put that behind him, if indeed that's what he wants to do, which seems to be the case. I still like him, and I'm always willing to listen to his newer stuff, and you don't seem to agree with that, but that's your own preference. I just like the group in most forms they take on, and I can't help that part much.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|