View Single Post
Old 03.08.2007, 02:46 PM   #27
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I've already pretty clearly stated why that isn't the case, so now you're just looking for a cheap shot and hoping it fits. I have nothing against you personally or even your taste in music if you happen to like a song that I find silly, so lets be reasonable. My favorite music groups from Sun Ra to Sonic Youth, the Melvins to the Legendary Pink Dots, have all moved in an infinite number of directions and steered way clear of anybody's safety zone, so your attack doesn't fit in the slightest.

I also don't have anything against pop music and love a reasonable amount of it, be it Elliot Smith, Big Star, or the Carpenters. I just find a hell of a lot less passion in what Nick Cave has been doing over time, and think it started with the quest for a radio friendly song around the time of Tender Prey, though he still did much other great stuff afterwards. For me it becomes hit and miss when it had always been dependable up to that point, and the best of, like many later records is half miss.

I really do not care for a summary of your musical tastes, as this isn't a discussion about Sun Ra or The Carpenters.

Fine, you think Deanna is silly--whatever, that's your right, and I'm not telling you to change your opinion. But what I am saying is that your opinion is silly, because it seems based on the idea that the Bad Seeds have, at some point in their career, pandered to a particular audience (in this case, MTV), when I don't believe that to be true at all.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|