View Single Post
Old 12.01.2010, 02:39 AM   #45
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
Firstly the fact that both middle class and working class people struggle to pay for uni is THE ENTIRE POINT. because they can't afford it. so no, it does not in any way invalidate my argument. we are talking about not being able to afford university, because someone is middle class or working class does not somehow trump the fact they can't afford it.

Secondly, no, I am NOT saying universities teach "total truth" which is a ridiculous concept. I never said that, or anything resembling that. And it cannot be sensibly inferred from what I did say.

Now yes, what you call k-12 and what I call primary and secondary needs to be BETTER. of course. who doesn't agree with that?

Again, as I've said before, this is NOT enough because it doesn't give you the qualifications you need to get into high paying jobs. It's the qualifications and experience that get you into those higher paying jobs. You don't get them if you only have a high school education. No matter how good this education might be it does not give you the qualifications to get into any job apart from basic menial labour.

As for the rest, you are just rambling about how you fucked up your own chance at an education and this I do not care about. Maybe try focusing on educating yourself instead of wishing you could dictate who and what your tax is being spent on. Don't feel good about what it gets spent on? GET AN EDUCATION SO YOU CAN HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE TO GET A JOB THAT CAN ALLOW YOU TO REFORM THE TAX SYSTEM. That's a better option for you and every other person out there who stand together in negative solidarity demanding everyone be fairly screwed out of any release from the HARD WORK (tm) that you apparently think poor people have a choice to avoid.

Also EDUCATING PEOPLE WHO COULDN'T AFFORD IT OTHERWISE LETS THEM GET BETTER JOBS AND THUS EARN MORE MONEY IN THE FUTURE AND THUS PAY MORE TAX. I put that in capitals because I don't think you understand it

And yes, poor people DO get into uni. But not enough of them. There needs to be more. And they need to be able to do it without getting into debt for their whole lives.

Now saying that you can't accept people getting degrees in things that don't benefit you or other people and then saying that this does not include art or philosophy is ridiculous. Deciding to only award degrees for things that are practical or definitively economically viable is highly unwise. I don't care if you don't "like it", but some kid who has grown up poor his whole life but has a passion for art DOES deserve to get a college education in art on your tax dollar. It may be the thing that saves him from a wasted life or life in a factory. It may be the best experience of his life. It will probably show him an entirely different world and new people. Free philosophy education for the working class breeds intellectuals, writers and thinkers in their ranks. They do better, we all do better. Pricing it out of their range screws us ALL over.

As for your second post of self righteous folksy "look at me I'm authentically proletarian", you aren't making any point there at all. Save for the basic fact that people in your family used the money they got from their work to buy the things they wanted. Actually swa, we all do this, and it does not make you somehow special.

Now maybe your entire working class family might want to think about the fact that if there was more working class people with any position of influence they could change the tax system to tax the rich MORE and tax the working class LESS. So then you wouldn't have to suffer the injustice of your tax being used to pay teachers.

No, "not buying a lexus" isn't working class. That's fucking laughable. I cannot think of any working class person besides an utter fucking idiot who would say that.

If you are poor and you can't afford to buy a lexus not being able to buy one doesn't make you working class. what the fuck are you talking about? If someone has enough money to be able to afford to throw it all away, basically waste it they aren't really working class. Maybe they used to be, maybe they still work, wasting money on extravagant things you can't afford is what any sane person avoids. This does not make you special.

You are trying to make this entire argument about class which is a redundant point. Obviously there are some working class people and middle class people who can afford college educations. MOST CANT. thats the entire point.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|