View Single Post
Old 05.19.2012, 08:17 PM   #1375
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
^^el symbols:

I was a bit surprised when Mueller went off, too, but then you're 1-0 up in the final minutes of a Champions' League Final. I know I wouldn't want to be the one making tactical decisions in that kind of situation. Either way, it did still seem odd, I agree, and I suppose those are the decisions Heynckes is paid his fortune to get right. Either way, yeah, I keep hearing all these things about Gomez but in all (three) of the games I've seen him in he's been well below par. I obviously can't argue with his record, though (Messi's last three games have hardly done justice to his reputation either, so it's all pretty meaningless really - just two clearly very good footballers, slightly out of form when they could least afford to be). And yeah, I noticed Robben and Ribery making some fairly unlikely shots.

Ah, interesting, on the Ribery/Drogba foul. We must've seen it from different angles cos, while Ribery obviously wasn't faking it, I just couldn't equate what I saw Drogba do (which looked to me like little more than a tap on the ankle) with the damage done. I'm sure you're right and we just had a different tv angle in the uk but it did puzzle me for the rest of the game.

As for the Man of the Match/MVP, I personally would've given it to Ashley Cole. He was outstanding tonight. A real 'wow' performance for me. But Drogba was ultimately the difference maker. Add to that this may well be his last game for Chelsea so, while my head says Ashley, I suppose my heart says Didier. I definitely wouldn't have questioned it if Cech had got the award but like I said, I thought Ashley Cole was simply outstanding and it could be argued that Cech might've done better with Mueller's goal ... maybe. I'll be buggered if I know who decides who gets it, though.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|