View Single Post
Old 07.06.2015, 04:45 PM   #11
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Dead Man soundtrack. squalls of skronk and feedback by Neil Young. abstract and awesome.

I was gonna say this too, one of my faves, most avant thing Neil has done except for maybe the ARC ep. A huge influence on my attempts to make imaginary western soundtrack music.

HBJ posted a link to this lost Coil/Lee Ranaldo soundtrack in the Sonic Sharing thread:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...p?t=25&page=79

Thurston's contributions to the Heavy soundtrack were slim in terms of track length but pretty big for me when I found them.

Lee has a soundtrack/score compilation disc spanning several obscure projects I haven't heard yet called Music For Stage And Screen, looking forward to getting that one of these days.

SYR9 was one of the best in the series, I hope they release more SYRs from the sonic tape archives.

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis have done some pretty great scores together.

I've been getting into Ennio Morricone western scores, my favorites (besides the obvious classics) are Death Rides A Horse and Two Mules For Sister Sara.

As long as Zabriskie Point has been mentioned, here is a link to the unused John Fahey sessions for the score, for better or worse:
http://delta-slider.blogspot.com/201...int-tapes.html
Pink Floyd's unused Zabriskie Point sessions circulate as well and are good too, if you like early spaced out pre-Dark Side Floyd, though I'll leave it to you to search them out.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|