View Single Post
Old 06.25.2009, 01:17 AM   #4
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
When I first heard it, I was slightly caught off guard. Not disappointed, I knew there was something special about it, but just caught off guard.... ESPECIALLY following the polished and big sounding "Dirty".

This is no joke and not commendable, but soon after it came out I was taking acid, which happened to be the best hit of my life and I unconsciously put on Experimental Jet Set. Don't know why. It wasn't the most listened to album I owned, but felt right. Turns out to be a VERY amusing time. I was just constantly laughing at every sound they made. Laughing for hours, repeating the album. Suddenly, the very "in-your-face" and raw mix of the album all became very touchable and appropriate. It was a high, high, highly entertaining album. It may not strike every emotion, but the art of recording is for entertainment, so, mission accomplished!

I wouldn't say it's there most pretty; catchy; complex; or even well thought out album of any of them but it is very unique and a nice addition to their vast collage of recordings. I will add though, it does have a number of tracks that are "goose bump worthy" (like 3, 4, 11, and 14 especially)
FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|