Thread: Facebook IPO
View Single Post
Old 09.09.2014, 06:58 AM   #52
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Why take such a stupid risk which actual money? You forget that before the 20th century there were alternate currencies and there was international coinage for big trade. People used local bartering and currencies whose values were defined sub-locally and only used "official" gold, silver, or even brass coinage for international trade. However, people have increasingly shifted towards centralized currency for the security it ensures. People LIKE using centralized currencies, they have a longer shelf life, are more universally usable, and are very convenient. If you want to trade using salt bars or seashells and beads suit yourself, but that anachronisms don't make for great economics. I got a close friend who swears everybody should do this shit too, but its so hopeless naive so as to not even be funny. Bitcoin is essentially nuanced gambling

I love this post for so many reasons

i didnt forget that whole block of information. it does not seem relevant to my goal of not homeless.

also the myth that people USED to barter and money came out of that process is actually untrue.

anyway, for the love of god anyone with anything to teach teach me.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|