View Single Post
Old 04.22.2006, 07:29 PM   #37
bytheriver
bad moon rising

bytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nice
I love The White Stripes, Jack white is pretty much one of my favourite muscicians, he's an awesome pop star, I love their songs, their aesthetic, I love his Willy Wonka/ Southern Gentleman thing, and live they are so exciting it takes the piss. And I'm really disappointed he's done this, thats not gonna stop me buying the records or going to the shows but it is a bit of a shame, when they they turned down Gap which it was really cool because they could have used both the money and the exposure but chose not too and showed a lot of integrity and whatever reasons he says about doing the ad its Coke, I drink Coke a lot but they have some pretty dodgy associations with anti union paramilitaries in Colombia (which have been implicated in murders of unionists at bottling plants used bu coke albeit through outsourcing) in associating his image and artistic credentials to a company he's showing at best an ignorance and worse a disregard for those and similar issues. But whatever, so long as the next records good
bytheriver is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|