View Single Post
Old 05.15.2014, 01:09 AM   #99
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
Wait....so after that rant you declare you haven't even HEARD To Be Kind yet?
exactly babe, right onnnnn.

I understand it's pretty fucking disgraceful on my part, but is it really so wrong to not wish to be associated with a band subjected to people who apathetically jump onto these groups and then in essence bastardise them? to see swans as a 'scary' but 'redemptive' group is so fucking absurd, they're just a band who make noise. I can dissociate gira and his bullshit doomy persona from the group, but when fans (loose term) proliferate this and hold it as an inextricable, if not fundamental element of the music then any quality it had to me is rendered wholly null and void.

http://www.stereogum.com/1679622/pre...re-evaluation/

read this. just fucking read it and tell me you're not entirely repulsed. shit journalism sucked out of this incestuous system's mama arsehole, and then regurgitated by their nigh-on vegetative readership. "AOTY". "AOT fucking Y". what does that even mean? this music is digested not because of its innately pleasurable purpose but rather so as to fit into a wholly arbitrary ordering system which means nothing.

I just hate people, and therefore want to ignore swans because those whom they previously derided are now their primary target audience. as pad said, they sold out. and ordinarily I don't care, but it's as if they're embracing this totally one-dimensional view of their music as 'scary' and 'dark', and indeed seem to be playing it up so as to fully capitalise on this fleeting interest in them.

new swans are sick, yes, but have any of the records they've made been as good as holy money? no. soundtracks for the blind? no. kill the child? no.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|