View Single Post
Old 02.26.2013, 07:01 AM   #21
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, due to the complete soul sucking boredom of my job, I popped the album into iTunes today and played it for several hours, over and over.

Yes, I am a bad human being. But this album is seriously one hell if a fucking ride. It's like the audio-sensory equivalent of floating through space and watching the world die.

It doesn't really rock, so the bonus tracks make a lot of sense. It has none of the textural brightness, lyrical whimsy, or crunchy riffs infused with zaney bleeps and bloops that have defined every Lips album since 1990. It's a challenging album that I'll wager almost no one would buy, and would sink them if it were released in the '90s. But god help me, it's fucking brilliant.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|