View Single Post
Old 12.12.2009, 01:05 PM   #65
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i shudder. but whatever works for you. anything south of the mason dixon gives me the willies. if deluding yourself into thinking that asheville is like portland works for you, i say pursue those delusions while they last.

But it is! Have you been here? The place is wonderful. I've been here almost a year and I like more every month.

I would say that Portland has done a better job with urban planning, and in fact, is known as a model city in that regard, e.g., mass transit, green building, controlling sprawl, etc.

But Asheville is a wonderful, liberal, cultural center. There are city things to do and it's nestled in the beautiful blue ridge foothills. Asheville and Portland are very much sister cities in many respects.

And hey, there's a local brewery about every other block!