Thread: Girls Rock! DC
View Single Post
Old 08.17.2009, 02:02 AM   #18
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kierkegaarden
Nothing discourages anyone of either gender from looking into music further than the radio and Pitchfork. From Wanda Jackson to Lydia Lunch, women have always played an integral part of rock music, and if it's a sausagefest you see, then you're looking where you're told, how you're told.

That's a good point. Part of me thinks that if the girl wants to be in it, she'll be in it no matter what. If she doesn't have enough passion to do it even if people don't expect her to, her music is probably not gonna be to passionate. You can see this problem with all the guys who do it to get laid or so get famous. On the other hand, I think it's great that they help low income kids get an instrument. I had a semi friend once who wanted to play violin but she couldn't afford it, so as soon as she left school (because her school provided one, which was great) she couldn't play it anymore.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|