View Single Post
Old 06.08.2009, 11:37 AM   #47
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus
i agree but the way you put it is pretty harsh. i DO enjoy the album because it IS enjoyable. to not enjoy an album because it's not a touchstone or a big step forward is pretty dumb to me. not all artist accelerate at the same speed, and it IS sonic youth. they've been at it for a long time.

they definitely sound more tame, though

I don't mean to be harsh. I don't have a problem with the new album, but it sounds like a lot of bands that have been around for 30 years, in that they are basically looking back at what's popular of their old material and making that; as a result the album is pleasant, accessible and likable at first listen, but I get the impression I shan't be listening to it much after it's been out a couple of months.