View Single Post
Old 01.16.2008, 02:11 AM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
i don't need to be saved by jesus, and i don't need to be saved by empirical science either... just another religon anyway...

here is the miracle of empirical science...

Observation: Every spring the Nile River floods, leaving behind nutrient-rich mud that makes agriculture possible. However, along with the muddy soil, large numbers of frogs appear that weren’t there before.
Conclusion: Obviously the muddy soil gave rise to the frogs.

Observation: Farmers stored grain in barns with thatched roofs. As a roof aged, it was not uncommon for it to start leaking. This could lead to spoiled or moldy grain, and of course there were lots of mice around.
Conclusion:
Obviously the mice came from the moldy grain.

...look at them... they're like freakin cult members...

for fucks sakes man, you get a big red F- on the scientific method. that's EXACTLY the kind of shit explanation experimental science did away with, along with false notions like the cosmic ether, flogiston, "humors", phrenology, parthenogenetic humans, the static universe in which kant theorized the stars balanced out gravity, and other innumerable foolish ideas with no basis in reality.

please toss your derrida books in the trash heap where they belong and read francis bacon, galileo, newton, lavoisier. sure they seem primitive to our eyes but their legacy KICKS FUCKING ASS, they toppled the theocracy that kept humanity in shackles for milennia.

anybody but anybody can come up with some cockamamie causal relation between 2 contiguous phenomena-- that's the origin of associative magic. but contrary to fantastic explanations, science can cut through the bullshit & expose false hypotheses. that's it power.

science is fucking glorious, and it is that way because no truth of science i ever final-- only silly positivists and people who elevate science to religion and sf fanbois think that science actually replaces superstition-- it can eradicate it, yes, not assume its place.

anyway, contrary to stereotypes, there are plenty of hot scientists. my first girlfriend is now a biologist and she is/was a total babe, not only because of her she looked like botticelli's venus, but because she was smart and well read and that is so very sexy. also there was this lab in my school that actively recruited the best looking women in the university and you'd go there and be in awe... but i digress. it is also a well known fact that scientists are the only people who read poetry outside of MFA programs.

plenty of fucked up homely insano chicks in the "critical theory" camp though-- admit it. you've gone to school with them, so have i.

as for ghouls-- eat your gayatri spivak

EYESORE

oh yeah, and these fools arent exactly male models either
http://www.freeuniversityla.org/D&G.gif

but i digress. the point is-- you got F- in science man

---

ha ha now you were probably joking, but eh!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|