Thread: Aphex Twin
View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 08:08 PM   #22
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Hip Priest - I'm glad you're here on the new board.

I haven't been posting much because I've been writing a paper. It is due tomorrow, so I'll probably be on here more this weekend.

about Apex Twin - I think he is really great. There is a possibility that he will be studied considerably in future and that his music will continue to gain in reputation.

I think electronic music is very fertile ground for musical invention. And Aphex Twin has taken advantage of this a good bit.

Avril 14th is indeed beautiful. Have you noticed how the next track, Mt. Saint Michel Mix+St. Michaels Mount, sort of develops the music from Avril 14th? Somtimes I like to play just the two of them together.

I have a friend at school here who is a doctoral student and he wrote his master's thesis on IDM. There is a lot of interesting stuff going on there.

Hip Priest, have you heard Cage's Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano before? Stuff like Avril 14th and Jynweythek Ylow and Strotha Tynhe sound like prepared piano and remind me of the Sonatas and Interludes. I think they're better than the Aphex Twin, though...

Later, back to the paper.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|