Thread: Easter?
View Single Post
Old 04.16.2006, 10:31 AM   #10
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperstation
I think thats how everybody celebrates religious holidays now. Its just a time for people to exchange gifts, but what really happens is that huge bilion £ companies use these holidays to make profit, which i think is really wrong. Cos those fat cat business snobs, who advertise and sell really dont care about how jesus died on the cross etc....Just about how much cash they can make in the quickest time. Thats why i refused any easter egg i was given today, im not religious, but i think its wrong.

I don't blame the businesses - why not seize an opportunity for profit? If you're going to criticize modern celebrations of religious holidays, find fault with people who claim to be religious, but buy into the marketing ploys. They're the ones who commercialize these holidays.

Frankly I could give a shit how people choose to celebrate religious holidays - religious principles are quite personal, and whether they compromise their own is inconsequential to me.

I feel myself canting dangerously toward criticizing certain religious denominations, so I'll leave it at that.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|