View Single Post
Old 12.07.2010, 10:14 PM   #19
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Nurse is nothing short of being totally amazing! Stones, I Love You Golden Blue, Peace Attack...the whole album, really. I can't think of a single aspect of that album that I do not like.

I Love You Golden Blue, to me, is Kim's absolute best vocal performance. I love the noisy/ambient build up and how that little riff just sneaks it's way in there....so beautiful.

As lame as it might sound, that record holds a very special place in my heart....which I think is part of the issue w/ the Youth for me. They've written some of the most brutal/thought provoking/beautiful music I've ever heard, and whenever I hear something new from them I have very high expectations (well, I did...). Rather Ripped was a let down....

I don't have high expectations for too many things in this world, but I always have when it comes to music...esp. those select few bands I consider to my favorites. Like, I know the next SY record is going to be great...just in the sme way that I knew Rather Ripped was going to be great (of course, I was wrong). I just know what some are capable of doing.