View Single Post
Old 12.06.2010, 08:48 AM   #1
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I listened Rather Ripped almost next after Sonic Death and it sounded again so good, even it is very opposite if you compare it Sonic Death (diversity is one thing I like in Sonic Youth). So I wanted to start an album thread about it. This is only for you who love/like or at least think itīs ok album. All of you who hate this album have said it too many times (you can tell me reasons you hate it if you want).

Since Murray Street every 2000 Sonic album has made a lot of pleasure to me. But when I put Rather Ripped to my record player and sweet sounds of Reena came up, I was in heaven at the first moment! And that feeling continued with next songs. Then I began to think that Sonic Youth has made an album that I could recommend to my friend who didnīt like the band at all and I thought the reason was that Sonic Youth have too much noise. But then I thought that noise in Jams run free and turquise boy would still be too much for him. Altough I think Rather Ripped is the most popsy album of Sonic Youth, it is very far from mainstream music.

Nobody has ever tell me in this gossip why they hate that album so much (somebody has mentioned the lyrics, but I think in Sonic Youth music has always been much more important than lyrics). I suppose that it associated with that thing that there isnīt as much noise in Rather Ripped as there is other albums. But why Sonic Youth canīt do just a beautiful album? They have already made so many with dischords and noise.

There is only one thing I donīt like in Rather Ripped. I bought it straight when it was published but there wasnīt that lyric book. Now it seems that any extras that are with Sonic albums never comes to Europe. And thatīs wrong!!!

I love every Rather Ripped song, maybe Or isnīt very strong song but I like the feeling in it and it closes the album perfectly.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|