Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 12.18.2013, 04:46 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yes. In 1991 he did seem a very 'jovial dude'. In the months leading up to his suicide three years later, he didn't. I don't think there's anything nonsensical about that. I think most people knew something was very wrong quite a bit before he killed himself.

I just don't see it. Even in 1993 he was clearly himself, albeit terribly faded by his battle with LA Child Protection Services in losing his daughter as well as the rising price of fame and success. Those would crush ANYBODY, Children's Court is a depressing place. Yet you still saw Kurt being himself on tour in 1993/94, the same joking antics, the same sarcasm. I'm telling you, the whole mopy suicide king image is a post-suicide problem, its not the real Kurt we saw when alive. Of course things were wrong, but suicidal? I'm not quite sure suicide is ever really "predictable" considering that it is by definition perhaps the most irrational and illogical human action.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|