View Single Post
Old 11.21.2010, 03:15 PM   #13
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Wow... I seem to have troubled shabbray2.0
He isn't giving very good advice in this thread, talking about M/S and Parallel Compression when giving advice about mastering at home???? Not a good sign of audio knowledge.

hahaha
catfights are not my type of thing.
but you are welcome, man.

but would you please tell us "untaught" folks why the hell not?

everybody got excess to a free audio editor, and its doable in exact this.
so why not trying it out by yourself and learn something new?
I did it, and since then I know what it is and what you can do with it.
I never said its common practice, but it can fix some serious issues in a 2track which arent fixable otherwise.
I am NOT saying to do it, but it opens some possibilities which shouldnt be ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
The best advice one could give in regards to mastering yourself is fix it in the mix and do as little as possible in the mastering stage. To achieve this mix to the best of your ability by A/B'ing with a good selling, professionally made album of your choice within your genre. Then confirm your mixes in as many different systems as possible (your car, your computer, your boom-box, your iPod, etc), tweaking the mix to be compatible in all of them. The final stage in "home mastering" should involve only limiting to bring the overall audio volume to a reasonable modern level (very light EQ and compression can be used before the limiter in the chain but is usually not necessary).

I agree with you that its good to give away your tunes at some point for the aforementioned change in environments, ears etc.
but Ive said that all before you were complaining about my "dumb" advises, which you are partly repeating short afterwards.

so put your degree (degree degree degree) to a use and tell us why not? give proof to what you are saying.
and be sure if its a good point I will actually say "Yes, you are right!"

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|