View Single Post
Old 10.21.2015, 03:01 PM   #47371
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
But all this "funny or not funny" crap really neglects the main point of what I was trying to say earlier: Ween's music is almost objectively good. Every genre they play with, they nail it, and then bend it and twist it all to hell. I don't put on Ween when I want to laugh. I don't listen to comedy records, and I loathe gimmicky comedy bands. I listen to Ween when my brain can handle the overload of expertly crafted, schizophrenic music that is written with all the texture and care of a Lennon/Mccartney joint, no matter how ugly it may get, or how odd it might sound.

Bottom line: they're not a goddamn joke band. No more than Sebadoh (who I once saw them open for), or the Flaming Lips, or blah blah. Nobody likes joke bands. I think people would have an easier time with Ween if they stopped focusing on that massive misconception.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|