View Single Post
Old 04.17.2010, 03:08 PM   #16
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
This has to be the last album I would expect to be on your "classic albums" list, atsonicpark...

But still, it's got some awesome songs...My favorite is probably "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", awesome riff and probably the easiest solo on the album. Something I think is pretty ironic is that supposedly they were making fun of punk rockers with this song, but it's easily the most punk-sounding song in their discography.

@ Count Mecha: EVH himself said sometime in the early 80s that he incorporated two-handed tapping as a way of telling a story, and when he heard other players blindly ripping it off it sounded like they were telling a joke.