View Single Post
Old 06.05.2019, 03:32 PM   #23965
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The jedi stuff was never the main draw of star wars, at least for me. It was characters like Han Solo, Chewbacca, Tusken Raiders, Vader. I know DV had the force but in the 1st couple of films anyway, he was more just a really great villain. It was the Death Star, AT-ATs, Imperial Cruisers and obviously the Millennium Falcon. Essentially it was just really really cool in a way that I don't think any sf film had ever been before. The further it went down the Jedi path, the worse it got.
aaaaaah you liked the action and effects. yeah. pew-pew-pew.... that was the fun part but not the reason it stuck i think. battlestar galactica had the fighters shooting out of the launchers but who remembers it?

(i do. but that’s all i remember.)

the fun fast-moving part of star wars comes from lucas’s love of fast objects and i think it was go-cart races? you can see a lot of that on thx-1138.

see: https://youtu.be/6yd0w23Xkl0

but it was a dismal tale and so it’s his least popular movie, although i like it better than the rest.

in american graffiti i think they do drag races but i don’t remember that movie very well.

all that came from his love of serials, flash gordon, buck rogers, etc., which he was trying to reboot.

oh! flash gordon probably the first post-wars bandwagon, and i like that movie even better now. so campy and absurd, and the best soundtrack.

the mysticism and shit is what gave star wars enduring value though, to the point that it’s become almost a new age religion in our day. someone once added me to my high school’s mailing list and i snooped cuz i snoop and people would encourage each other in tough times with shit expressions like “may the force be with you.” im not kidding.

i believed in “the force” once upon a time. fuck yeah. who here has not tried to levitate shit? (there is no trying.)

the myth part was actually great though, originally. the ruin is not that it went “deeper” later, but that they tried to “explain” it, and things became a real massive turd. may the midichlorians infect you.

for that though i think that kung-fu was better. i need to watch that show some day as a grownup. it will probably be shit, ha ha ha.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|