View Single Post
Old 12.24.2015, 06:00 PM   #185
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
I don't think SY will have a resurgence on the same level as the VU had ten years from now. their influence spread out too quickly and early for that to happen. they've been pretty well-established by now like the Rolling Stones.

I don't know, everything is too scattershot.....it would be cool if their feedback/noise excursions were standard. mixed in with the latest sounds of the time. if only slightly popular in a modern way because only certain people can take that guitar sound without being annoyed. we don't realize that sometimes because we're use to it.

who knows....it would be pretty exciting to me if they did. clangy noisy ear disturbing guitar sounds making a comeback? im all for it. hell yeah!

I would absolutely love it if there was more high-quality, experimental, noisey ass feedback drenched post-punk coming out. In the past three years, there's only been a handful of truly memorable noise rock releases by new/newish artists (Black Bug, Dub Thompson, Viet Cong, Big Ups), and a even fewer real mindfuckers from established artists (Ben Frost, Fuck Buttons)...

I would love to hear more. I'd love for the next generation of sonic terrorists to carry guitars instead of, or in addition to synths and shit.

I hope we do get a resurgence of Sonic Youth-inspired bands, or bands inspired by bands inspired by Sonic Youth. Whatever. I'd welcome it with open arms.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|