View Single Post
Old 10.20.2020, 04:50 PM   #42701
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Seeing clips from the movie "Jeffrey" today made me think of an unsolved mystery I've been trying to crack for a while now. When I stayed at the Airbnb home in NYC last year, the people living in the shared apartment would sometimes watch movies with the door open, I could plainly hear pieces of dialogue in my room when I was editing photos and whatnot. One night, they we're watching what I assume to be an LGBTQ-themed comedy/dramedy with a bit of social satire.

It opened up with a crystal clear deep voice of an elderly(?) British guy talking to an audience (stand-up?). It was a distinct voice, at the time I thought it could be Sir Ian McKellen, but now I think it could also be his real life bud Patrick Stewart (or someone entirely different who just kind of sounds like them).

Anyway, he said something to the accord of "You know the difference between erotic and kinky? The erotic man uses a feather, the kinky man uses an entire chicken.". It's quite a famous quote that gets thrown around here and there, so that doesn't help. Anyway, if I remember correctly, it went on to tell a story about an aging gay man who is kind of in denial about his sexuality. But I could be wrong about that. It's only bits and pieces of dialogue that have stayed with me, but the sound quality was very distinct and it seemed like an interesting production.

Thought it'd be easy for me to find, based on the pieces of information I supposed I had, so I didn't bother to ask. But now I'm none the wiser. Didn't think such mysteries still existed in the age of information.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|