View Single Post
Old 04.01.2006, 07:13 PM   #31
Angel Dust
little trouble girl

Angel Dust has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I believe there should be open borders and full amnesty for any illegal immigrants in the U.S.A.

However, I think a few concerns need to be addressed, in order to accommodate the U.S. for modern assimilation of immigrants.

For one, any form of immigration has its effects as urban sprawl and overpopulation. Incentives should be made for newly arrived, illegal immigrants to settle in the midwest, where the effects of urban sprawl would be less felt than the cities. I wouldn't say there is a shortage of land in the U.S., I just think the cities (Los Angeles, etc.) are having high density issues (traffic, pollution, etc.), which is getting compounded more and more over time.

Overpopulation by all citizens (immigrant and non-immigrant) is also a correlating factor in any talks of immigration. I think it is crucial that the U.S. establish a firm rule for the amount a of children a family could have, I feel that no more than 2 children would be appropriate for all families in the U.S. There is just too many problems surrounding the cities of this country, associated with overpopulation and urban sprawl.... so please less children for everyone.

Given the fact that Central and South America are close neighbors, NAFTA and other government agencies need to do their part in establishing nourishing relationships with the Americas, so that those countries aren't such shitty places to live in the first place. We could stimulate the economy and job market in these countries by moving our Manufacturing plants away from China to countries that are not only logistically closer, but could use the economic boost much more.

Anyways, those are my opinions on the crisis, which definitely needs to be dealt with. One thing is certain though, walls on the borders and minutemen patrolling are not only hypocritical and demeaning in my opinion, but they also do not accomplish shit.