View Single Post
Old 02.10.2014, 04:18 PM   #70
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I think the whole thing stinks of "hey lets find yet another way to fleece the Beatles and a dozen other artists at the same time"

Could be my bias. Honestly, its a big deal and a big anniversary but whenever TV specials get involved I think it totally destroyed the integrity of any of it. Also, lets be honest, they're just milking the sadder reality that all those people from the 1960s/70s are now in their 50s-60s-70s and make for a great CBS audience to rummage through nostalgia and memory lane enough to totally miss the point. Honestly, was anybody under the age of 30 even remotely interested in it? Probably not. If anything, they may have signed, sealed, and delivered the Beatles into the 21st century obscurity of "my grandparent's favorite band."

There. I said it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|