View Single Post
Old 06.10.2012, 09:29 PM   #67
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
this just in.. Ethiopia upsets South Africa and qualifies for the next round by beating Central Africa Republic for their group in the world cup qualifiers.

also, props to the danes for getting their payback against the Dutch after the World Cup 2010 fiasco

I really want an African nation to emerge as a genuine footballing superpower. The reigning Euro-Latin American dominance is getting tired. The game needs a new name, to challenge it. That's why I'm keen for football in the US to pick up, but I think the right African country could have the most impact. One of the problems seems to be that no African country has really managed to have any sustained success. They have a couple of years where they look really good then fade, and another one takes its place. One minute its Cameroon, then it's South Africa, then it's Ivory Coast, and maybe next it'll be Ethiopia, but they never build on their success. There's obvious political reasons why that's the case but I do hope one of them can get their act together and become a real force, in the way that say Argentina or Brazil have.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|