View Single Post
Old 01.19.2017, 01:24 PM   #6
NickSoulsby
little trouble girl

NickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
What's an oral discography? People talk about his recordings?

An oral discography - exactly as you say. I love music, but I find most biographies are kinda 'soap opera'. What I wanted to show was how Thurston's music, outside of Sonic Youth, has evolved and developed over the years - so I received his permission to take a shot. I've spoken to around 170 participants in the various recordings from The Coachmen through to Rock n Roll Consciousness, the book contains what I 'think' is the most comprehensive discography available (Thurston shared with me a couple of records that are in such limited editions they're not even mentioned on Discogs) though not every song or recording is covered in the book (it covers about 190-200 with priority given to EP/LP length releases though some individual songs are discussed depending on who participated and relevance to the overall structure.)
NickSoulsby is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|