View Single Post
Old 06.06.2007, 03:42 PM   #83
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
plus, FACT: i have a cd of hendrix playing live in greenwich village in '66 and dude was playing straight up r&b/blues with hardly any feedback or anything; it's also interesting to know that this is when the velvet underground were playing out in new york. so i do think hendrix was influenced by the velvets.

a gutarist playing blues is gonna play blues. jimi played with all sorts of cats, as I have already stated. Jimi was playing way out shit in the early 60's, getting kicked out of Little Richard's band for that reason.
as to the velvets influence on jimi, I can definitely see that. music is not a solitary pursuit.
he was never claimed to have sprung from nowhere. he studied with many old country blues guys, and learned his trade and stood on the shoulders of giants. However, each and everyone of Jimi's influences has gone on record to state that the dude could outplay them and that it was a tragedy to see him cut short. if he had lived we would not be talking this nonsense.