View Single Post
Old 07.15.2009, 12:56 AM   #160
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
Nope I couldn't disagree more. Poison Arrow is one of the BEST songs on The Eternal. And I'm happiest when they're doing the new stuff.

I've been attending Sonic Youth shows since 1986 and I've heard the EVOL and Sister stuff so much now that I'll never be clamoring for anything specific from that period. I'd much rather hear stuff from the recent past that hasn't been beaten into the ground for 20+ years.

This is exactly why they mix it up as best they can. There are old timers like myself that prefer newer material and some that just joined in three albums ago that salivate for older material. It's all good.

But Poison Arrow CANNOT disappear. It's so grungy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter and Jinx
They opened with 'Tom Violence' last night. They also played 'Stereo Sanctity' and 'Shadow of a Doubt'. I believe 'Shadow of a Doubt' was right before 'Death Valley 69'. The show was great (as always), but was ultimately limited by the strength (or lack thereof) of "The Eternal".

Songs I previously believed to be weak and confirmed last night:
1. 'Poison Arrow' - encoring with this tune was a MAJOR bummer
2. 'Leaky Lifeboat' - grates on me - sorry

Songs that I now appreciate more:
1. 'Massage the History' - Can you say telekinesis?!?!
2. 'What We Know' - I thought they rocked this tune HARD

ADVICE TO SONIC YOUTH: 'Poison Arrow' and 'Leaky Lifeboat' aren't going to sell any records. Pull them out of the set-list rotation and replace them with two older nuggets. Your fans will be happier, trust me...

All and all it was ANOTHER great show!
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|