View Single Post
Old 05.11.2016, 12:20 PM   #70
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
After several listens, I have to say I am enjoying this album quite a bit. The only thing "bothering" me is every time Present Tense plays, I can not help but to hear this Verdena song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYdUWfMGVqU

Severian, I am also intrigued with your take on TKOL and it's From the Basement sessions, because I actually had pretty much that same perception for In Rainbows. That album did not really set in with me until seeing it done on From the Basement.

IMO, Radiohead are just a great "dissection" band (partly why I have always loved SY as much too, really). You can listen and take in the overall mood/vibe, sure, but there is a certain enjoyability to analyzing, picking apart, and appreciating all the layering and texturing that goes into each song and how it's all pulled off. I feel half of what makes Radiohead what they are is the simplicity and patience that goes into many of those elements, and the interplay of those textural choices. This album seems to carry a lot of that "patience" they do so well, if that makes sense to anyone but me.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|