View Single Post
Old 06.16.2010, 12:14 PM   #26
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
question time today. a load of tory back benchers stood up in the first 2 minutes and attacked him for being weak on crime. so of course he fell back on his "but labour messed up everything" schtick. its all new labours failure! thats all he's got. we will be hearing that everyday for at least the next 5 years just like we heard it everyday of labours last 13 years.

the tory backbenchers do not like cameron. they get rid of him the coalition collapses.

my obvious prediction is that the cuts/budget will OBVIOUSLY make a lot of people very angry. cameron will get the brunt of it. he's going to have a hard time of it. its always fun to watch politicians who have been in office as they age at a sped up rate over their term of office. miliband will have a good chance in 5 years. but i'm more interested in seeing a left coalition between all the smaller parties. i wish labour would get out of the way and disintegrate so they don't end up the only other choice next time.

to be fair to cameron. he has impressed me on some things. you have to give him credit for modernising the right wingers. i mean who the fuck else could have done that? he's been at least OK on gay issues, altho certainly not perfect. who would have thought it would be the tories that introduced an anti homophobic bullying campaign for schools. maybe that was more from clegg and the lib dems but at least he's agreed to it. it seems that theresa may must have enjoyed her nights out at those gay bars, because she's openly said that she has "changed her mind" about gay adoption.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2010/06/16...-or-blood-ban/

these are some of the highlights of their recently released lgbt policy document
  • allowing gay people to have religious civil partnerships
  • lobbying other countries to repeal homophobic laws and recognise UK civil partnerships
  • removing historical convictions for consensual gay sex from criminal records
  • tackling homophobic bullying
  • better recording of hate crimes
  • ending deportation of LGBT asylum seekers fleeing homophobic countries
no mention of full marriage equality or lifting the ban on blood donations.

all those are welcome, but the deportation promise is the most important and i will tip my brim to them for that. at least now some of those iraqis whose country britain has destroyed won't be told to "go back home and pretend to be straight".

It also promises to publish the first government action plan on trans equality next year and work towards providing safe refuge support people for trans people in need of shelter.

he was just asked if he would bring the troops home right now:

"if we brought the troops home... straight away...we would be letting down our nato allies... we would also be created a situation in which the taleban would return and the danger of terrorist trainings camps would come straight back."

he wants to get the taleben to "put down their arms and re-integrate". well that doesnt seem likely. considering the news that caused petraeus to faint yesterday, the news that karzai plans to switch his allegiance over to the taleban because they are winning. he said that his planned approach would allow the troops to "come home with their heads held high". stupid hubris. what the fuck do they have to be proud of? their part in a genocide thats claimed over 2 million people? the destruction and chaos they have brought with them?

i don't think he's even that clued into whats happening in afghanistan. he's definitely worried and very conciouss about keeping up appearances and posturing for the cameras. he hasn't shown any leadership and is betraying the country and the troops with this approach. he could have stood up and said "no, we aren't going to go down with americas doomed imperialist ambitions" and withdrawn. he could have got the credit for bringing us back to the mood we were in during the 90's when it was publically known and accepted that this was one of the safest times for britain in its entire history. it still is despite the bullshit terrorist threat the media has cooked up and the wars have made worse. wishful thinking i guess.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|