View Single Post
Old 05.18.2017, 09:25 AM   #21038
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Soderberg is great for a number of reasons, one of which is his greatness is unassuming.

Although he can get experimental, I mostly think of him as making genre films which are several notches above average. Haywire, for example, isn't a masterpiece, but it's certainly much better than one of Angelina Jolie's action films.

Schizopolis, The Limey, and Full Frontal are probably my favs, but I like his admirable failures too, like Girlfriend Experience and Good German. I've watched all these several times.

Plus he shoots and cuts everything himself. He's a good dude who makes solid entertainments.

And unless you're having an emergency and you need a youtube video to help you solve it, I'm not sure what a "must watch" is.

Anyway, he's better than Kevin Smith. Hell, he's funnier than Kevin Smith.

I have lots of respect for Soderbergh and would say I at least like pretty much everything I've seen by him. But I am still waiting for the wow moment.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|