View Single Post
Old 05.17.2017, 10:50 AM   #21036
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Soderberg is great for a number of reasons, one of which is his greatness is unassuming.

Although he can get experimental, I mostly think of him as making genre films which are several notches above average. Haywire, for example, isn't a masterpiece, but it's certainly much better than one of Angelina Jolie's action films.

Schizopolis, The Limey, and Full Frontal are probably my favs, but I like his admirable failures too, like Girlfriend Experience and Good German. I've watched all these several times.

Plus he shoots and cuts everything himself. He's a good dude who makes solid entertainments.

And unless you're having an emergency and you need a youtube video to help you solve it, I'm not sure what a "must watch" is.

Anyway, he's better than Kevin Smith. Hell, he's funnier than Kevin Smith.

haaa haaa haaaa. poor kevin smith!

yes soderbergh is better than kevin smith in the solid entertainment department. also has a much better level of craft.

as for "must watch" i meant films of significant historical or cultural value. the kind of shit that gets preserved for posterity. "great stuff" and so forth. 2001. raging bull. goodfellas. or just shit i like a lot like cronenberg, ha ha ha (a better berg than soder)

i'd say more but gotta run back to work. the pomodoro technique is killing my internet action.

will fill in more later.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|