View Single Post
Old 01.05.2015, 08:00 AM   #18417
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Plus I'm now more able to get some of the more literary jokes that, in my teens, sounded impressive but I never quite understood.

I can't even begin to count the number of things I explored as a teen simply so I could understand an Allen joke. What's weird is the lines can sometimes be funny even if the viewer doesn't get the reference. Neat trick.

No, I agree that in Annie, Allen too often forces the joke. I'll go further and say some of the jokes don't work. Of all the "David" jokes he could've written, "David? That's a Biblical name. What does he call you? Bathsheeba?" strikes me as a not very good one.

I think by the time Manhattan rolled around, he had learned how to create witty characters. The jokes seem to come out of the character rather than the sense that Allen is forcing the jokes upon them, if that makes sense.

Oh yeah. Joke writing. One more area where Allen completely excels.

Man, I'm really gonna miss the guy after he taps off.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|