View Single Post
Old 01.04.2015, 12:48 PM   #18412
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Annie Hall and Manhattan.

Mixed feelings watching these again. Annie Hall (while brilliant) does have a tendency at times to sound like a script made up of one-liners. Manhattan, on the other hand, is an absolute masterpiece that seems to get better as I get older.

Annie Hall = 4/5; Manhattan a solid 5

i haven't seen those in a long time. i remember annie hall a lot better, having seen it repeatedly. what i remember of manhattan is the hemingway girl in black and white, and she buys him a harmonica or something? the whole thing about him having to be less cerebral. things fade in memory. i should watch that again. i was probably high when i saw it because i remember the people i saw it with and they were never ever sober.

i saw this the other day:

DIARY OF A CHAMBERMAID (Buñuel, 1964). Buñuel is so weird sometimes I think he turned a straightforward story into a bunch of broken scenes to mock the bourgeoisie, but what was fantastic about this film was Jeanne Moreau-- what an amazing face! A masterpiece really (her face, not the movie). I looked for a photo to post here but none really catch the movement of those eyes--the disc cover does a good job though.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|