View Single Post
Old 02.16.2014, 06:30 PM   #40
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I also loved RR immediately. I talked at length about it at the time being sort of the inverse of The Whitey Album. T had talked in an interview about being influenced by pop like Miley Cirus or uh maybe it was like Cheetah Girls or Pussycat Dolls or soemthing that Coco was into at the time. They wanted to make SY simple pop. It' s interesting. Plus "Reena" is one of my absolute fav SY songs of 2000's.

Absolutely no one wants to hear Sonic Youth do 'simple pop' if it just turns out a bunch of lame badly written songs.

Every member of Sonic Youth is creative enough to do something interesting and Lee and Kim have fulfilled that post-Sonic Youth with solo and collab work. Thurston just hangs around like he needs to retire already.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|