View Single Post
Old 07.12.2006, 03:04 PM   #103
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
OK, so I didn't really need to go all smartass.
I did appreciate the use of normal-sized type.
I have actually heard virtually all of Zappa's stuff in huge doses, and Beefheart's stuff is not even close to similar.
I was talking more in terms of music fans. Of course to the general population Zappa is a more high-profile figure, not being a reclusive artist who retired from music in midlife like Van Vliet, and having appeared before congress on more than one occasion. To music fans, however, I would say that Beefheart has gotten his fair share of magazine covers, career retrospective articles, deluxe reissues and the like to be deemed "no longer all that obscure." The Velvets didn't sell for shit at the time either, but I don't know anyone who considers them to be an obscure band, despite the fact that senator Coleman wouldn't know Moe Tucker if she punched him in the face (which would be pretty sweet, and I would pay good money for a photo of).
That's all I was saying.

what does moe tucker have to do with the velvets?
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|