View Single Post
Old 09.11.2009, 03:54 AM   #43
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy

How people can shit on The Beatles is a mystery to me. They are one of the best pop bands ever; They've written more catchy melodies than most bands have written songs.

This argument also annoys me (while I generally appreciate Jeremy's posts) - there is, was, and ever shall be legions of great pop groups. Pop did not begin and end with fucking Sgt Peppers.

To my mind, just this song alone shits on the entire recorded output of the Beatles before it even gets to the chorus. The Beatles may have defined a certain sense of pop, but they didn't invent Elvis, or Motown, or country, or Bluegrass, or doo-wop, or jazz, or the blues, or, for that matter, heavy metal, hard rock, punk or any number of other things.
Quote:
To each their own but I think most Beatles haters are just trying to be cool.

And this is another form of bollocks that pisses me off - 'you couldn't possibly disagree with me, so you must be trying to be cool'. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the whole Beatles back catalogue and every single time I've gone 'but this is just shit'.

To summarise my irritations - like the Beatles all you like, but the more people serve to over-inflate their actual importance in the world, the more it irritates people that don't like them (who are apparently a minority, but I put that down to the need of men to shout about things).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|