View Single Post
Old 02.03.2021, 01:54 AM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Further proof that I still don't know anything: I was reading about Allison Anders because she directed Grace Of My Heart (this after I gave Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach's brilliant Painted From Memory another spin), and now I'm just finding out about another movie of hers (and it is her movie, her true story - Jesus... ) and Sonic Youth's role in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Things_Behind_the_Sun

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245501/soundtrack

Apparently the soundtrack wasn't released on CD (and 2001 was too early for the rebirth of vinylmania). Are those three songs available anywhere (other than the DVD)? Slowly crawling out of my ignorance, I've realized that "Theme From Things Behind The Sun" is also known as "Think It Over" (not the Buddy Holly song, interestingly ) and made it into Sonic Youth Mix-Tape Vol. 1. So were Low Priority a "real" group or, like The Sherry McGrale Band, one assembled specifically to appear in the film? Or was it an alias for SY? I can't find any act with that name on Discogs (weird in general - you'd think by now somebody would have named their band Low Priority). AND: are the tunes bitchen or what? They should be - it's the NYC Ghosts & Flowers to Murray Street era!

The possibilities...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|