View Single Post
Old 08.13.2011, 03:49 PM   #125
jnic
little trouble girl

jnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's assesjnic kicks all y'all's asses
I am still in glowingly shock from last night. Everything was perfect. The sun sinking over Manhattan to the west, The moon coming up over the Stage from the east, the skyline lit up techni-color and the sound.

Yes the sound.
The sound was key.
The sonic sounds.
I will always love them.

This was a show i did from the distance, out by the water, but was ALWAYS LISTENING, ALWAYS IN TUNE. Hearing waves of the East River crash on the Brooklyn shore with SY going was perfectly mixed.
I didn't mind the perimeter space and view. Room to dance too.

I also was stumped on a few songs at first. (so glad I had recently bought new vinyl copy of BMR)
My highlights were:
DV '69
Eric's Trip - Lee was really pouring it on!
Starfield Road>Drunken Butterfly
Sugar Kane - I hadn't seen this once since Hammerstein Ballroom 2/27/99
Psychic Hearts -This floored me beyond belief. You see, a band I was in back in '95-'98, called TENT, used to cover it. Memories of me playing it mixed with my idols rocking it before my ears and eyes was so much joy.

Yes, thank Sonic Youth for another perfect night and for always surprising us all.
Please play out more!
jnic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|