Thread: Who's a DJ?
View Single Post
Old 12.17.2006, 03:41 PM   #43
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Dead Air, do you play from your own collection, from the station's, both?

When I start my gig, it has to be from my own collection. The station doesn't have a library as such; each DJ brings in their own stuff for the show.

Some of each, but the majority is stuff I bring in. I try to play one or two things from the station at least, and some times there are some amazing new releases (like the Warp Works & Twentieth Century Masters this week.) But, I like to plan things out a bit from home, so inevitably that means gathering my own stuff together. And I have friends and artists and labels who send me stuff directly (increasingly so, and I don't feel like I'm ripping off the station, because I don't think it would get nearly as much play there if it weren't sent to me directly, I try to get multiples sent so I can add it there as well though.)

Lately, I get so many really cool bands and musicians who request to be friends with the Dead Air Fresheners on My Space, that I often download their tracks and burn them onto cds to play. I always hear people bitching about lame bands asking to be their friends just for publicity, but honestly that's only happened to me maybe two times compared to over a hundred who were totally amazing. It helps to have a band that is clearly non-commercial of course.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|