View Single Post
Old 12.20.2015, 11:45 AM   #38
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Four albums. Four proper albums. Two high-quality outtakes comps that could pass for proper albums if they had to. Live stuff, and one completely non-VU release that isn't terrible, but sounds more like Grateful Dead playing honky tonk with a pre-disco Doctor Hook.

So, let's just say four albums.

VU and Another View are both simply excellent. I think I'm quoted somewhere as saying that Jesus & Mary Chain's Barbed Wire Kisses is my favorite non-album b-sides/rarities/outtakes compilation of all time, but that has a lot to do with how JAMC embodied the spirit of the Velvet Underground. If Psychocandy ad somehow merged with Bad Moon Rising, Reed and Cale would have probably sued.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|