Thread: DDN vs Loveless
View Single Post
Old 08.21.2008, 01:34 AM   #20
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
They're very different, and conjure up very different feelings. I totally agree with the comment that Daydream works all the time, whilst Loveless is an album you need to be in the mood for. Daydream flows PERFECTLY, and I also love the persona the album has, and the way that kind of implodes in on itself with Hyperstation, Rain King and Kissability towards the end. At the start you've the brash, confrontational and rebellions anthems, a really formidable persona-Teenage Riot, the Sprawl- and then it just collapses and undermines itself, things get dark, sinister and neurotic. And I just think that particularly is the most facinating part of Daydream -it is more profound than any peice of music I've ever heard, even Loveless.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|